Upon arriving in Bali you will quickly notice that motorbikes are the primary form of transportation. They're easy to park, faster through traffic than cars, have good gas mileage, and are more convenient. At Warung Falafel, we get a lot of guests asking us where to rent a motorcycle in Ubud, because let's face it, they're cooler than scooters :) Below, we attempt to provide some guidance on acquiring your motorcycle!
Compared to The South Ubud lacks options for motorcycle rentals. You can rent a scooter on almost every corner you see, but when it comes to motorcycles you have to do some searching. The best way to find one in Ubud is to join Ubud Community on facebook and post about it. You will rent from an individual here, and can find some unique bikes. This requires a bit of forward thinking however. If you need a bike now try these places:
1) Moto Explore Indonesia - They have bike rentals, but even better they offer guided motorbike adventures. If your keen on exploring the island by motorbike, definitely contact them.
2) Next door to Alchemy Restaurant in the village Penestanan there is a bike rental/real estate store front. At any given time they have 10-15 scooters, and motorcycles.
3) Nephew Helmet - Although not a bike store, it's worth stopping by if you need a helmet. Bike rentals usually come with helmets. However, sometimes those helmets don't fit or are gross ;( Nephew Helmet is a small little shop on a back street which sells unique custom helmets.
If your not confined to Ubud for your bike rental than a good place to check is in Canggu. Canggu's tattooed, surfing, bike riding hipsters have created a demand for motorcycles. If your planning ahead than make a post in Canggu Community. Some shops to check out also include:
1) Treasure Custom - This place builds custom bikes and also rents them. The prices are fair, and their bikes are cool :)
2) Malamadre - Another custom garage in Canggu. They build and rent. Super cool designs.
If your going to be on Bali for a while, why not consider buying a bike? You can always sell it before you leave. If you would like to buy a bike, search online at:
1) Motorcycles Buy & Sell in Bali
2) Buy and Sell Cars and Bikes in Bali (South) Free
Bali is a great place to experience by motorcycle. The options of unique bikes to ride are endless, and the adventures you can have will last a life time. If you have any questions about bikes or renting, don't hesitate to comment below!